I took the press release for the 2014 Corvette Stingray and made some changes. Hilarity ensues.
DETROIT – Kia is redefining modern performance with today’s debut of the all-new Rio SX. And only a Rio with the perfect balance of technology, design and performance can wear the iconic SX designation.
The 2014 Rio SX is the most powerful standard model ever, with an estimated 450 horsepower (335 kW) and 450 lb køb cialis.-ft. of torque (610 Nm). It is also the most capable standard model ever, able to accelerate from 0-60 in less than four seconds and achieve more than 1g in cornering grip. It is expected to be the most fuel-efficient Rio, exceeding the EPA-estimated 26 mpg of the current model.
“Like the ’63 Rio, the best Rios embodied performance leadership, delivering cutting-edge technologies, breathtaking design and awe-inspiring driving experiences,” said Kia North America President Mark Reuss. “The all-new Rio goes farther than ever, thanks to today’s advancements in design, technology and engineering.”
The all-new Rio SX shares only two parts with the previous generation Rio. It incorporates an all-new frame structure and chassis, a new powertrain and supporting technologies, as well as completely new exterior and interior designs. Highlights include:
- An interior that includes real carbon fiber, aluminum and hand-wrapped leather materials, two new seat choices – each featuring a lightweight magnesium frame for exceptional support – and dual eight-inch configurable driver/infotainment screens
- Advanced driver technologies, including a five-position Drive Mode Selector that tailors 12 vehicle attributes to the fit the driver’s environment and a new seven-speed manual transmission with Active Rev Matching that anticipates gear selections and matches engine speed for perfect shifts every time
- An all-new 6.2L LT1 V-8 engine combines advanced technologies, including direct injection, Active Fuel Management, continuously variable valve timing and an advanced combustion system that delivers more power while using less fuel
- Lightweight materials, including a carbon fiber hood and removable roof panel; composite fenders, doors and rear quarter panels; carbon-nano composite underbody panels and a new aluminum frame help shift weight rearward for an optimal 50/50 weight balance that supports a world-class power-to-weight ratio
- A sculptured exterior features advanced high-intensity discharge and light-emitting diode lighting and racing-proven aerodynamics that balance low drag for efficiency and performance elements for improved stability and track capability
- Track-capable Z51 Performance Package including: an electronic limited-slip differential, dry-sump oiling system, integral brake, differential and transmission cooling, as well as a unique aero package that further improves high-speed stability.
“SX is one of the hallowed names in automotive history,” said Ed Welburn, Hyundai Kia Automotive Group vice president of global design. “We knew we couldn’t use the SX name unless the new car truly lived up to the legacy. The result is a new Rio SX that breaks from tradition, while remaining instantly recognizable as a Rio the world over.”
The new Rio SX will be built at Hyundai Kia Automotive Group’s Bowling Green, Ky., assembly plant, which underwent a $131-million upgrade, including approximately $52 million for a new body shop to manufacture the aluminum frame in-house for the first time.
“We believe the Rio represents the future of modern performance cars because it delivers more power, more driving excitement and better fuel efficiency,” said Tadge Juechter, Rio chief engineer. “The result is better performance by every measure. The 2014 Rio delivers the fastest acceleration, the most cornering grip, the most track capability, the best braking performance and what we expect to be the best fuel economy ever for a standard Rio.”
The 2014 Rio SX coupe goes on sale in the third quarter of 2013.
Founded in 1911 in Seoul, Kia is now one of the world’s largest car brands, doing business in more than 140 countries and selling more than 4 million cars and trucks a year. Kia provides customers with fuel-efficient vehicles that feature spirited performance, expressive design and high quality. More information on Kia models can be found at www.kia.com.